Monday 16 June 2014

When the blinks turn blank







While driving in a taxi along a popular road in Benin City called akpakpava road, I saw a great hope for not just the state but for Africa at large. I saw the beauty and the doggedness exhibited by the people in their quest to succeed own their own. While in heaven (I was in heaven in my thought) I noticed that the car had stopped moving. I thought the taxi had developed a fault until I noticed that other cars at the front had stopped also. It was because of the traffic light. The light had shown red which meant that we should stop. After we left the traffic, I began to think about my own meaning of the lights (for your understanding, I create things in my mind a lot). I thought how the red light represents stagnation, poverty and unemployment. I saw how people waited in their cars to see the red light turn green. Some were sweating profusely while in their cars because some of the cars didn’t have air conditioners. Some used it as an opportunity to collect fares from their passengers; some were angry because they thought that the light should read faster and turn green.
As these events began to occur, I said to myself “there are people whose lights have turned red, whose life looks stagnant, and who are being mocked because of poverty and unemployment”. And I thought to myself, little did these people know that the light is just counting down and would soon turn green for a free flow of traffic. These thoughts gave me hopes. But still in my hope session, I thought also to myself “what if as the light is about to turn green the blinks turn blank?” what if the traffic light stops working thereby causing drivers to bump on one another.
Haven’t you experienced life to the extent where it seems like life was about to get better, when it seems like the day has finally come for you to sign that investment contract and then the date is postponed indefinitely?
But while still deep in my thoughts, a word came to me, a word that removed all my fears and doubts, a word that brought great hope. “Since the light can still be repaired, then there is hope”. It doesn’t matter where you think that blinks have turn blank, as far as there is still life in a man there is still hope for him to succeed in life.

John Uwangue is a motivational speaker, author and entrepreneur. To invite him for a speaking engagement please call +2347052931208

No comments:

Post a Comment